Wednesday 29 February 2012

Nail Design: Plaid Nails


Last night, I was inspired to do a plaid design on my nails. It took me literally forever, like an hour and a half because I don't really have the right nail tools, so I was making the stripes with a toothpick. 

Nonetheless, I think I did a decent job on my first attempt. A lot of my friends loved the design, one even thought I used a press on design! Ahaha. I took a few photos on my friend's phone because my camera's cord isn't really functioning so I can't upload my photos. I apologize for not providing step by step photos. But I'll try to break it down for you guys.

Step 1: Always apply basecoat

Step 2: Paint your nail any color you wish! (I used light brown)

Step 3: Pick a color and create a tic tac toe board (I used purple)

Step 4: After you've created a tic tac toe board, create 2 vertical lines (I used the color pink) besides your other color's vertical lines. After that, create 3 horizontal lines next to your other horizontal ones. As you can see in my picture, I accidentally only put two horizontal lines, I forgot to add one in the middle. Definitely need to remember to add that next time I do plaid nails again! Silly me.

Step 5: If you want your thumb to look the same as mine, just do the plaid nail on half of your nail and then paint a little heart right above that!
Step 6: Top coat everything and you're done!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment