Wednesday 29 February 2012

Nail Design of the Week

This week I tried something completely different, I was bored yesterday so I got out paint sponge brush, poured some nail polish onto an envelope and started doing some next stuff on my nails. It turned out okay, I'm not completely satisfied, but hey..considering this was a result of boredom, I think it turned out decent.

First up, the three nail polishes you will need

As always, base coat is a must. It protects your nails from turning hideously yellow.
Second nail polish you'll need is Sally Hansen's Hard as nails "Black Night" nail polish
And the third nail polish you will need is Sally Hansen's Insta Dri in Flashy Fuchsia
The sponge paint brush you will need will look like this:
Once you have all your supplies, all you do is get a piece of paper, pour some nail polish on (in this case I used the colors black and pink), dab some onto both of the ends of the brush and then you start painting.
What I did was put pink onto one corner of the brush, and black onto another. Then I painted one half of my nail pink and put black onto the other half/over the pink (which is why it looks purple in the pictures below). After you're done applying the polishes, you'll notice that the texture of the polishes will be rough and that's all thanks to the brush!
The end result should look something like this. I named this post "galaxy" because my nails remind me of the galaxy...haha
Many of you are probably looking at the pictures and thinking "why the heck is her thumb a completely different design?" like I mentioned before, I was so terribly bored yesterday. I tried a design out on my thumb before I got did the galaxy design. I liked the design on my thumb so I decided to keep it. Here's a closer look of it:
This design is also really easy, all you do is paint your nails green, get a tooth pick and make lines on the side of your thumb!

My hands look crazy right now. On my left hand, four of my fingers have the galaxy design and my thumb has the green polish with stripes design. On my right hand, my thumb has the galaxy design whereas two of my fingers are painted black and the other two are painted fuchsia.

As you could probably tell by my pictures, I'm trying to decide what signature I want in my photos.

Also, I realize that the designs I have shown you guys thus far are kind of..erm..crappy? Haha I don't really like them that much, I know I can do way better designs. I just need to go get the nail art tools :-)

So stay tuned, because I will get my nail art tools very soon and I'll be sharing some funky and cute designs that you may have wanted to learn how to do before but never knew how to!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment